Monday, November 11, 2013

Original Thoughts

Lately I've been trying to dial down my internet noise. I'm trying to be more intentional about what I let interrupt my day and not be consumed by FOMO or "the fear of missing out".  As I analyzed the different feeds I began to see a trend of a lack of original thought. More and more my response was becoming "Really, I let you interrupt my day for that?"

It would seem that the new goal of bloggers, tweeters and linkediners is to rise above the noise and be heard rather than developing an original thought that is worth sharing. 

Yeah, it's hard to do but take Seth Godin for example. I don't know how he does it but the guy is an original thought genius. He inspires us to be and do remarkable things by twisting old paradigms into new internet parables. Derek Sivers is also another original thinker worth hearing. 

For me it's time to get over FOMO and do some twitter, feed reader, linkedin house cleaning. It's time to pick out the  consistently remarkable voices and eliminate the time wasting chatter.

Go, do something remarkable (but don't tune out this blog; you might miss out on something important!)